Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Did you here she's on lockdown?

Uh what??? I just got back from Verizon after being told yesterday my phone was junk and I needed a replacement. I sent a text to my family telling them I was up and running again, and I get a text back from my dad, saying "You're mom is on lockdown." OK, I'M AWAKE NOW! WHAT DID YOU SAY??? Now, mind you, if there is EVER a problem, lockdown is where YOU and YOUR CHILDREN want to be. I know that is easier said than done, but if you know me, TRUST ME! Ok, so why was her company on lockdown? ***If you're not PRO-POLICE STOP READING!*****

A suspect in as many as 30 armed robberies was shot and killed by police at a Marathon gas station in Harwood Heights this morning as Chicago officers and FBI agents tried to catch him in the act, authorities said.

A Chicago police detective and an FBI agent were staking out the gas station because it matched a pattern of targets robbed over the last two months in the city and in the north and northwest suburbs. The detective shot and killed the gun-toting man as he came out of the station that he had just hit, said Chicago Police Chief of Detectives Tom Byrne.

The shooting took place a little before 7 a.m. outside the gas station at Montrose Avenue and Forest Preserve Drive, on Chicago's border with Harwood Heights.

As the suspect exited with a gun in one hand and cash in the other, they confronted him and told him to drop his weapon, said FBI spokesman Ross Rice.

"He was ordered to drop the weapon and surrender," Rice said. "He did not immediately comply with that order."

The detective then opened fire, shooting the man, authorities said.

Although authorities originally had thought the robber might be working with a getaway driver and searched the area for a second suspect, that search was called off about 9 a.m., Byrne said.

Obviously her office is close. My mom is fine. She's well versed in police lingo;)

1 comment:

  1. i know so scary... my sister lives a few blocks away.. but glad all is said and done!

    ReplyDelete