Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Wall is ALMOST done

So with what started as a simple project has turned into a lengthy one.
First off, we could not use MDF as we have nice wide base trim that we upgrade two years ago and the MDF was going to be too thick. SO, I found some strips of oak that were the right width to on top of the base. But then the grain was going to show.

I was just about to return it, but when I arrived home, I found Frank had already primed it for me.....trying to help:)

SO, back to the store and I found poplar in the right width and already cut four feet long.

The pics of where I am....

The beginning....

Some boards up...

Close of wood before we sink nails..

And....one of my of so helpful camera shy helper

No comments:

Post a Comment