Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mom, look there's a line!

In hindsight, this is funny, however at the time, NOT so much! Sunday at noon, Jack came to me and told me his "privates" hurt. Yes, I know TMI! I played it off, but at 7pm he continued and I noticed him wincing and as you all know from being at my house, my boys do not like clothes. So come bath time both of them stripped down and Jack ran to me pulling up his privates and said "Mom, look there's a line!" Now I'm not very shy, but this did not feel like a mom moment, but rather a DAD moment and thankfully just then Frank walked in the door from work. Never have I felt uncomfortable with my boys, and I think they know that because Jack was awfully close to me, not realizing that boys "privates" should not be that close to their mother's face. Ok, so anyway after a brief once over Frank and I believed Jack was suffering from appendicitis and off they went to the emergency room. Here's the interesting part, when they got there, the doctor ordered a TON of tests as he thought.......(guys brace yourselves) Jack had twisted testicles.........oh the poor kid! But as luck would have it, Jack was absolutely fine. The doctor chalked it up to Jack's shots he received two days prior. He's acting just fine, in fact tomorrow morning he and I are going to the elementary school where he'll attend kindergarten in the fall for a "preview kindergarten" morning and he's totally thrilled. He's always been independent and smart. I love him unconditionally even when he makes me uncomfortable with boy "issues."

No comments:

Post a Comment