Sunday, March 1, 2009

THIS is kindergarten?

Jack had his "Kindergarten Preview" on Wednesday and needless to say it did not go well for him. He was in a group of 22 other children and the teacher asked them to draw themselves, interact in a song, listen to her while she read a story, and then asked them to cut a piece of paper so they could eat a snack. Well, the only thing Jack participated in was...........you guessed it was cutting the piece of paper and it merely to get to the snack! He was not impressed by his "preview" of Kindergarten at all! I was so upset, but then later in the week, Frank and I talked to him and asked him why he didn't participate and he basically told us he's tired of singing and drawing. He's been in preschool for two years and pre-k for a year (don't ask what the difference is) and he was ready to LEARN! I felt horrible because it was MY FAULT! I had built up school to be this really cool place where you learned addition and reading and then they asked him to DANCE! Oh well come August, he'll be excited and have lots of fun!
Last night Frank and I had another night out, but this time we went out with a couple of the guys Frank play football with in college. I met them and their lovely wives, but it was interesting as they reverted back to drinking as they did when they played football! And, the football stories came out too. Good thing I didn't meet Frank during college, because by the sounds of it, he wouldn't have been my type;)

No comments:

Post a Comment