Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Decisions, decisions.........

We're revamping the family room. It's always been a goal to do so, but now the carpet is torn and MUST be replaced. The fireplace has always been a want, and now we've saved our pennies to turn into a 2 story. I'm planning on getting new leather furniture, even though I've never had leather, but OMG I saw a set I just can't live without if the family room gets done "right", ya know? Ok, so here' what I need help with. I want the fireplace to be "the" pinnacle of the room and I'm not into the whole traditional looking thing. It doesn't matter what's there now (it's a white deco Italian fire place looking thing, that is now yellow, cause you can't clean it with anything cause I don't know what it is and bleach apparently turns it yellow as does ajax when you try to clean it, duh!) so I'm going for a more stacked stone looked, so I've attached a few. Don't know the color of the carpet yet (probably as sage green or deep yellow (don't cringe it's actually not a puke looking color), as it'll be installed after the fireplace is done, and I can always repaint the walls. Oh yeah, the new furniture is a rustic brown color, if it matters.









1 comment:

  1. woohoo.. how exciting

    i adore #3... but am not too fond of the circular opening..

    but then again.. in my world #4 is ideal. i love the modern/rustic yet timely feeling of it all.. and the feel overall feels to me like it can go in many directions in the room

    for a modern/a classic/traditional/rustic/eclectic..

    so i guess my vote is #4
    good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete